Friday, January 18, 2008

How-to #24: Managing Water Usage in Your RV

After few camping trips in your RV, you probably have realized that fresh water is one of the most important elements of an enjoyable outing. But showering, washing dishes, brushing your teeth, or rinsing your grassy or muddy feet can use a substantial amount of water, especially when it involves a family.

If you are camping for more than a few days where there are no hookups (this is called boondocking), water conservation is of utmost importance. You don't want to run out of water or fill up your holding tanks too quickly. Use the following tips to maximize your RV's freshwater supply.

1 comment:

coal said...

I bought a 1500 gallon water storage tank so I can supply my fifth wheel during the winter months while I am parked at my shop/business. I use roughly 200 gallons per week, for a family of three and with a onboard washer dryer setup. I asked the water guy what a typical family of four would use for water consumption, he said roughly 1200 gallons per week. wow.